Delicious Banana Walnut or Pecan Super Protein Bars recipe can be easily customized to suit your individual tastes and meet your optimum health & nutrition for any activity.
Protein Bars / Muffins: Banana-Walnut or Pecan
Author: Dr. Max
Recipe type: Bars/Muffins: Banana-Walnut or Pecan
Cuisine: Raw Power SuperFood Mix Baked Goods
- 2-3 cups of Raw Power SuperFood Mix
- 1 - 2 shredded carrots
- 1 - 2 finely sliced / diced bananas
- ½ - 1 cup of walnut or pecan pieces
- Slice or dice bananas, add shredded carrots, chopped walnut or pecans, then mix in a large mixing bowl
- Add water and mix thoroughly until consistency is relatively thick, like a cake mix batter
- If needed add water (1-3 ounces) in small quantities as it is easier to add water than it is to take it away
- Once you have the right consistency of batter transfer to:
- A small baking pan or cookie sheet, then spread mix ¾ to 1 inch thick for a nutrition bar *(in our slice solutions pan mix may be considerably thicker depending on your preference)
- In a scone pan or muffin pan fill to rim and remember the baking time is significantly longer
- Place into a 300 degree preheated oven for 10-35 minutes (cooking time varies with the oven, the amount of water & fruit added, and thickness of mix.
- When done, allow them to cool for about 30-60 minutes
- Once cooled, slice them into whatever size bars you like (nutritional calculations are based on bars approx. 2.5 inches x 3 inches)
Nutritional calculations are based on bars approx. 2-2.5 inches x 3 inches. They will keep for 4-6 days in a Tupperware container at room temperature (depending on the humidity) or a bit longer in the refrigerator. For significantly longer shelf-life they can be frozen and thawed as needed.