Chocolate-Walnut or Pecan Bites are a Healthy Snack, easy to make, to customize, are bite size, very portable, and provide optimum nutrition for a busy, active lifestyle.
Bites: Chocolate-Banana-Walnut or Pecan
Author: Dr. Max
Recipe type: Bites: Chocolate-Banana-Walnut or Pecan
Cuisine: Raw Power SuperFood Mix Baked Goods
- 2-3 cups of Chocolate Raw Power SuperFood Mix (add baking powder if desired);
- 1 - 2 finely chopped, mashed, or blended bananas;
- ½ - 1 cup of walnut or pecan pieces
- Add sliced bananas, and chopped walnuts or pecans, then mix in a large mixing bowl
- Add water and mix thoroughly until consistency is relatively thick, like a cake mix batter
- If needed add water (1-3 ounces) in small quantities as it is easier to add water than it is to take it away
- Once you have the right consistency of batter transfer to:
- Simply use a very small ice-cream type scoop and place scoops of the mixed ingredients on a cookie sheet. We use parchment paper to prevent sticking although coconut oil or a cooking spray (we prefer an olive oil based one to canola oil based) works great as well. Cooking time will depend on the size of the scoop. We prefer to keep the temperature at 300 degrees or below.
- Place into a 300 degree preheated oven for 10-35 minutes (cooking time varies with the oven, the amount of water & fruit added, and thickness of mix.
- When done, allow them to cool for about 30-60 minutes
- Once cooled, slice them into whatever size bars you like - See Nutrition Notes below
To keep it “raw” you can make all of the same things by using a dehydrator instead of baking (that’s the way we like to do it when we aren’t in too much of a hurry).