Carrot, Banana, and Strawberry Bites are a Healthy Snack Bites are are easy to make, customize, bite size, very portable, and provide optimum nutrition for a busy, active lifestyle.
Author: Dr. Max
Recipe type: Bites: Carrot-Banana-Strawberry
Cuisine: Raw Power SuperFood Mix Baked Goods
- 2-3 cups of Raw Power SuperFood Mix (add baking powder if desired);
- 1 - 2 shredded carrots;
- 1 - 2 finely chopped, mashed, or blended bananas;
- ½ cup of sliced strawberries
- Shred carrots, slice bananas, add sliced/diced strawberries, then add with mix in a large mixing bowl
- Add water and mix thoroughly until consistency is relatively thick, like a cake mix batter
- If needed add water (1-3 ounces) in small quantities as it is easier to add water than it is to take it away
- Once you have the right consistency of batter transfer to:
- Simply use a very small ice-cream type scoop and place scoops of the mixed ingredients on a cookie sheet. We use parchment paper to prevent sticking although coconut oil or a cooking spray (we prefer an olive oil based one to canola oil based) works great as well. Cooking time will depend on the size of the scoop. We prefer to keep the temperature at 300 degrees or below.
- Place into a 300 degree preheated oven for 10-35 minutes (cooking time varies with the oven, the amount of water & fruit added, and thickness of mix.
- When done, allow them to cool for about 30-60 minutes
- Once cooled, slice them into whatever size bars you like - See Nutrition Notes below
To keep it “raw” you can make all of the same things by using a dehydrator instead of baking (that’s the way we like to do it when we aren’t in too much of a hurry).